Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Assist the team in managing a football players portfolio (scouting/professional) by detecting, identifying and sign the young upcoming talents, future icons of adidas in the Benelux region (Netherlands, Belgium & Luxembourg).
- Assist in making sure that all adidas football players have maximum brand association and exposure to the industry (thus generating maximum ROI), by using all internal and external instruments. This role plays an instrumental part in the way that the brand is portrayed within the global football market and ensures on a day to day basis that we continue to raise the awareness and image of adidas as the No. 1 Global football brand.
- Support the Player Management team by signing the key players fitting the adidas brand strategy;
- Attend national and international Youth events and use them as a platform for scouting (Identify, contact, network and sign).
- Support in negotiations of players within the region.
- To create a network in the world of football among Scouts, Coaches, Regional advisers, agents.
- Place forecast and orders at Athlete Service Platform;
- Liaise with Player Management and other internal colleagues to align footwear orders (Launch, Back to Club, National Team, major events) and to select off-pitch products and align orders
- Select products and place orders to PRS;
- Manage storage and shipments
- Shop visits:
- Produce Contract Approval Forms
- Invoice checking, send to Finance.
Special Projects :
- Player profile / asset plans;
- Quarterly Reports;
- Scouting & Player team meetings: logistics + presentations;
- Maintenance of Football Calendar & updates;
- Bootcount reports (EURO, WC, UCL, UEL);
- Prepare various reports / presentations (boot launch report, social media reports, etc)
- Track social media of players.
- Internal : brand marketing, BU, CTC, Athlete Service
- Football Sports Marketing teams Global & Local, adidas partners, Global Player Managers (to Local Player Managers), Global Scouting Managers
- External : players, agents, clubs, football industry network
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Needs to have both football knowledge and business mindset. Football product Knowledge.
- Understanding of the issues facing players (e.g. financial, media, moving, languages, etc.) and the ability to help adidas develop programs to assist players with these issues…
- The individual must be highly motivated and focused on task in hand. He or she must be extremely well organized with empathy towards the sport in which he is dealing with.
- Good planning & organization.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication-verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with computers and standard software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Commercial awareness, knowledge of the sporting goods business model.
- Ability and commitment to retain absolute confidentiality concerning all business matters.
- Driven to succeed and deliver against goals and work expectations.
- Fluency in English and Dutch – Third language (ideally French) is preferred.
- Schedule flexibility: Position requires substantial travel (50% to 70%) for meeting with agents, clubs and attendance to games.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree and some specific education in Sports Management would be ideal.
- Professional experience in sports or goods industry.
- Football background as a player on high level and/or coaching preferred.
Samenvatting van vacature Assistant Player and Scouting Manager
|Vestigingsplaats/Standplaats:||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland (NL)|
|Functie:||Assistant Player and Scouting Manager|