Medior Severe Accident Engineer
As one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients’ most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Within the ‘Nuclear Processes’, the Severe Accident Group is in charge of:
· Analysis of plant behaviour under severe accident conditions;
· Implementation of plant-specific Severe Accident Management Guidances (SAMG);
· Definition of technical specifications for severe accident mitigation systems;
· Level 2 Probabilistic Safety Assessments (PSA);
· Follow-up of international R&D and state-of-the art in the field of severe accidents;
· Trainings related to SAMG and severe accident phenomenology.
· You perform or review complex severe accident engineering analysis in the domain of nuclear reactor systems using industry-standard methods and simulation tools (e.g. MELCOR code);
· You write and review technical reports about studies performed;
· You defend your work to the Belgian Safety Authorities;
· You work in a team of about 10 engineers, in close interaction with your colleagues.
· You obtained a Master in Engineering or a Master in Physics;
· You have at least 5 years of experience in the domain of engineering studies;
· You possess a background in analysing severe accident conditions, as well as being familiar with related international codes, standards and best-practices;
· You have knowledge of the Belgian nuclear domain;
· You are able to communicate (write/speak) in English and French or Dutch;
· You are interested to become a high-level expert in this topic.
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Jun 19, 2019